This is an continuation video article of our Microsoft Power Platform introductory course for Beginners series? Where we will learn about What is Microsoft Power Platform? This is an short introduction about Microsoft Power Apps. Well officially as per Microsoft
What is Microsoft Power Platform?
“The Power Platform is a low code platform that enables organizations to analyze data, act on it through applications, and automate business processes. It allows everyone, from the professional developer to the frontline worker, to participate in driving better business outcomes by building apps.”Microsoft Power Platform
What is Microsoft Power Apps?
- Microsoft Power Apps is a low-code approach to custom app development. Allowing users to quickly create apps with a ‘point and click’ approach.
- Build mobile-friendly apps quickly and without development knowledge and reducing pressure on busy IT teams.
- Connect to and surface data from your business applications, such as Dynamics 365 and Office 365 (and third-party apps).
- Surface key data into a user-friendly app to help data entry – meaning users only see the information they need to fulfil one particular task.
- Build apps in hours—not months—that easily connect to data, use Excel-like expressions to add logic, and run on the web, iOS and Android devices. Instead of using an off-the-shelf app that only meets part of your needs, or building a custom app that is expensive and time consuming, Power Apps makes it easy to create just what you need.
Microsoft Power Apps Overview
- Microsoft Power Apps is a platform that allows users to create and deploy tailored applications that can be used on desktop and mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows).
- Both developers and non-developers can create apps within PowerApps as it works in a no-code environment. However, more technical users are able to extend capabilities by using Azure functions or creating custom connectors and integrated solutions.
- The applications created within PowerApps can be used for a variety of functions to help you streamline your business processes. And allow users who are away from a desk to work on the go from a completely customized user interface.
- You can create apps for any purpose, such as a simple contact list, a mobile surveying app or an expense processing app—there so much possibility for what can be created. Data from the CDS can be seamlessly connected, as well as data from the 200+ different additional connectors that are available. Which ensures that your applications display the data you need.
Microsoft Power Apps for app makers/creators
Microsoft Power Apps is a high-productivity business app development platform with four primary components:
- The Canvas apps component of power app
- The Model-driven apps component of power app
- The Portals
- The Microsoft Dataverse component of power app
Lets discuss all the components of the power apps to get a better understanding of power app.
Canvas apps begin with our user experience, allowing us to create a highly customized interface using the power of a blank canvas and linking it to over 200 data sources. The apps can be created for the different platforms such as tablet, mobiles or web.
Canvas apps provide us the freedom to customize the user experience and interface to our liking. Allow our imagination and business acumen to drive the appearance and feel of our apps.
We can begin building our app using Microsoft products that include our data, such as:
- a SharePoint list
- a Power BI dashboard
It’s simple to make a canvas app using Power Apps; there are various options for finding or creating our app:
- It can be based on data
- It can be based on a sample
- Obtaining data from a Dataverse source
- Starting with a blank canvas
- Through AppSource
Microsoft Power Apps “democratizes” the process of creating custom business apps by allowing anyone to create feature-rich, unique business apps without writing code.
Model-driven apps are built from the shape of our key business data and processes in the Dataverse to model forms, views, and other components. Model-driven apps provide beautiful UI that is responsive across devices automatically.
We can leverage all of the Dataverse’s capability to quickly configure our forms, business rules, and process flows when we construct a model-driven app. From the Power Apps portal, we develop a model-driven app.
More on Microsoft Power Platform Intro for Beginners by Dynamix Academy :
- What is Microsoft Power Platform?
- What is Microsoft Power BI ?
- What is Microsoft Power Automate?
- What is Microsoft Power Virtual Agents?
- What is Microsoft Dataverse ? Understanding Microsoft Dataverse
- What are Microsoft Power Platform connectors?
- What is Microsoft Power Apps Portals?
- What is Microsoft AI Builder?
You can also watch our Videos on the playlist:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 Tutorials for Beginners – https://tinyurl.com/y8oqpoe7
- History of Microsoft Dynamics 365: https://bit.ly/2w0uwjL
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM: https://bit.ly/2WPhcdF
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Introductory Course: https://tinyurl.com/wfttoja
- What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics 365? New Features in V9.0 https://bit.ly/2LMRVQl