It is an continuation video article of our Microsoft Power Platform introductory course for Beginners series? Where we will learn about What is Microsoft Power Platform? This is an short introduction about Microsoft Power Platform connectors. Well officially as per Microsoft
What is Microsoft Power Platform?
“The Power Platform is a low code platform that enables organizations to analyze data, act on it through applications, and automate business processes. It allows everyone, from the professional developer to the frontline worker, to participate in driving better business outcomes by building apps.”Microsoft Power Platform
What are Power Platform Connectors?
Connect to over 200+ other services to your Common Data Services.
- Engage with external customers and partners.
- Enable anyone to build responsive websites.
- Integrate all your data.
- Create and manage the content external users and partners can access using an intuitive interface and step-by-step guidance—no code required.
- Enrich portals with model-driven forms, views, lists, charts, and dashboards to offer more value with each interaction.
Microsoft Power Platform connectors
- Data is at the core of most apps, including those you build in Power Apps. Data is stored in a data source, and you bring that data into your app by creating a connection. The connection uses a specific connector to talk to the data source.
- Power Platform has connectors for many popular services and on-premises data sources, including SharePoint, SQL Server, Office 365, Salesforce, and Twitter. To get started adding data to a canvas app, see Add a data connection in Power Apps.
- Connectors are essentially proxy wrappers around the APIs provided by services that allow Power Automate, Power Apps, and Logic Apps to easily interact with the service.
- Connectors can be either public or custom. There are currently over 200+ public connectors that can be used by all organizations. Examples of public connectors are Microsoft 365, Common Data Service, Twitter, Dropbox and more.
- Connectors make triggers and actions available that can be used by the apps and flows. Triggers are used by flow or Logic Apps to start the execution of the workflow.
- Actions are used by apps and flows to perform a defined set of actions during execution.
More on Microsoft Power Platform Intro for Beginners by Dynamix Academy :
The ‘Power Platform’ is a collective term for the following four Microsoft products: Power BI, PowerApps, Power Automate (previously known as Microsoft Flow) and Power Virtual Agents.
Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics tool that allows you to easily connect to data sources, create visuals, and gain business intelligence quickly.
PowerApps is a low-code approach to custom app development. Allowing users to quickly create apps with a ‘point and click’ approach.
Power Automate used to be known as Microsoft Flow. This allows you to create automated workflows between your Microsoft services or other third-party applications, which allows staff to avoid carrying out repetitive tasks and save valuable time.
Power Virtual Agents is a new addition to the Microsoft Power Platform. Virtual Agents are the bot building services provided by Microsoft for business users.
The Common Data Service has been renamed to Microsoft Dataverse. Microsoft Dataverse is a cloud-based solution, that easily structures a variety of data and business logic to support interconnected applications and processes in a secure and compliant manner.
Power Platform Connectors are essentially proxy wrappers around the APIs provided by services that allow Power Automate, Power Apps, and Logic Apps to easily interact with the service. Power Platform Connectors can be either public or custom. There are currently over 200+ public connectors that can be used by all organizations. Examples of public connectors are Microsoft 365, Common Data Service, Twitter, Dropbox and more.
Dynamics 365 Portals are now referred to as Power Apps portals. The full capabilities of Dynamics 365 Portals, previously offered only as an add-on to customer engagement apps (Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service, Dynamics 365 Field Service, Dynamics 365 Marketing, and Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation), are now available standalone in Power Apps.
Microsoft AI Builder is a turnkey solution that brings the power of AI through a point-and-click experience.
Hope you liked this article and share your valuable feedback on this blog post.
You can also watch our Videos on the playlist:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 Tutorials for Beginners
- History of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Introductory Course
- What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics 365? New Features in V9.0